Join NH Method Authors Amanda Stone, Frank Mitchell,
Nancy Rendall and Rick Van de Poll
TWO-DAY NH Method Wetland Evaluation Workshop
Friday June 20 and Friday June 27, 2014
Register for this workshop
Registration Deadline: noon on Wednesday June 18, 2014
Registration for this workshop commits you to two days of training
There is a limited number of spaces for this workshop and the workshop is likely to fill early. If you find registration is closed before the registration deadline, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have your name added to the waitlist.
DAY 1: FRIDAY JUNE 20, 2013; 8:30am - 4:00pm
NH Technical Institute (NHTI) , Concord NH
Room 106, Farnham Hall (Business Training Center)
Directions to NHTI are on the right
The first day of this two-part workshop will provide introductory information about wetland evaluation and analysis for community volunteers. The morning session will focus on a discussion of the NH Method, wetland evaluation and the NH Method functions. The afternoon session will provide hands-on training in use of the NH Wetlands Mapper. Participants will learn how to use the NH Wetlands Mapper to produce maps and collect information needed for wetland evaluation (we will have the use of the NHTI computer lab for the mapping training).
We will provide:
- Morning and lunchtime refreshments - coffee, juice, pastries, cookies
- A printed copy of the NH Method manual
- Computer Lab with 20 computer workstations and internet access for the afternoon NH Wetlands Mapper session.
Day 1 - What to Bring/Prepare:
- Bring your own lunch
- Review the NH Method Documents before the workshop to maximize your learning (we will provide each participant with a printed copy).
DAY 2: FRIDAY NOVEMBER 1, 2013; 8:30am - 3:30pm
Bear Brook State Park (Directions will be provided on Day 1)
Participants will evaluate a wetland at Bear Brook State Park with guidance from the NH Method instructors. We will be in the field for the first half of the day. In the afternoon, we will enter the field and map-derived data onto data sheets and into the NH Method Excel Spreadsheet to get the final results.
We will provide:
- Cookies and Juice
- NH Method Wetland Evaluation Materials: Wetland maps, wetland data derived from the NH Wetlands Mapper, and Wetland Evaluation Forms.
Day 2 - What to Bring:
- Bring your own lunch and personal drinking water.
- Clipboard, pencil and eraser, binoculars (optional), clothing suitable for field work and the weather (hat, rain gear, etc.), footwear suitable for wet conditions, backpack.
- Your copy of the NH Method.
- Optional - your personal laptop to enter data into the NH Method Excel Spreadsheet (no internet access needed).
email@example.com or 862-1029
Return to NHM Workshops Page